At work I realize I forgot to eat breakfast. I have 7 things to do and have to leave to go see a family with my friend Lucy, our Social Worker, at 8:45. My protein shake is waiting on me. I do the 7 things I needed to do and Lucy and I head out the door. I still haven't had my protein shake, but I am on my 4th cup of coffee. On our 40 minute drive, I choke back the protein shake, that has now congealed... disgusting. So this means, almond milk and Spirutein turn to cement in an hour? Any way, back to work. Lucy and I are stoked to see a family we know well. Of course I cannot share their names on here but imagine a family with endearing nicknames like opossum, compass, and birdie all raised by their darling grandparents. Seriously, I love this family. Lucy and I make it to their home to unfortunately find out that the child we are going to evaluate is sick. We stick around and talk to the grandmother for 15 minutes or so - the woman clearly needs to talk. We then head back to the office. Lucy needs to talk with the boss man. The boss man needs to talk to Lucy and me about a different matter - luckily it has to do with our offices at our new office building. We can't all coordinate a time so I go to my office and check my email. My friend Jaime, an OT, has called about a matter that has to do with CDSA policies. We chat about that, among other things, and I see my boss look into my office and make a joke about how valley girl I sound. Lucy and I talk to the boss man and immediately go to lunch to meet our friend Becky. Abele's knows me by now, I've been going with Lucy and Becky to lunch for over two years (at least once a week). I'm sure Lucy has been going there for three decades. We don't even have to tell them we want three unsweet teas and salad-bar. By this point I am spinning like a top. I eat, very little, and surprisingly I am still full from my cement shake. Ha!
We start home. I decide not to run because he is so tired. When I get back in town, Terrence tells me to go on and run. I drop off Easton, pick up Momo, and head to the trail. I run 4 miles so does Momo. It is cold and again, I am wearing my running skirt. It is always too cold for that skirt when I wear it. I happen to run into my cross county coach from high school at the end of my run and we jog up a hill together (well me behind him a good deal). We briefly catch up. I am again inspired to run for 18 more years.

I get home, quickly change, and tell Terrence - let's go eat. Thursdays are our Easton days. The girls stay at Grammy's and Terrence and I dote on Easton. We love it and so does he. So we go to dinner. Easton eats like a pig - he worked out, he deserved it. I eat like a pig - I ran, I deserve it. Terrence eats well too - I'm sure he deserves it. Then we come home.... OFFICIALLY. I bathe Easton and then take a bath myself. Terrence puts Easton down and that's where we are at present. I am blogging, Easton is sleeping, Terrence is playing a video game, Yoshi is sleeping, and Momo is curled up between my lap and the arm of the chair. I know the girls are cozy and safe. Life is good. Especially when you have a great job, have wonderful friends, and you are the " Mama," on a normal March day.
Yay! I'm glad you did this post too. Your day made me tired and inspired! I want to learn how to add exercise into my days. You rock!
ReplyDelete