life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Friday, May 4, 2012

Bittersweet

I think the strangest feeling overcame me today. Was it anxiety, fear, happiness, love, shock, wonder, amazement, confusion, or maybe pain? Actually, it was all of those things combined.  I think the proper word for those mixed emotions is BITTERSWEET.  I looked at my beautiful daughter, gave her a kiss, and teared up.  It is possible she will be our only child for just a few more hours.  Even if this pregnancy continues outside of tonight, or I carry through the weekend, Ava will remain an only child for a short period of time.  What an odd feeling.  For nine months I have been pumped up about the thought of three children and that thought has not changed... Just for a fleeting moment, I realized the biggest change to the Bumgarners is truly going to happen. Ready or not!


I love you Ava, you will always hold a special place in Mommy's heart. There is something to be said about being the first born.  God put you there for a reason.  You will not only make the best big sister ever you are going to be a great teacher, role model, and best friend to your siblings.  
I couldn't be prouder...
 

4 comments:

  1. You will all do wonderfully! Life is certainly going to change...but don't worry, your heart just grows bigger and bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. You do have big changes in store. I know they will be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love expands, and change is life. Much love and many good thoughts go with you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwhh so sweet! I was really worried when I was pregnant with Eli that I could love another baby as much as I love Isaac and it happened.. your heart just makes room... and more room!

    ReplyDelete