life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Brief Note About Us

Hi! My name is Carly and I wanted to start a blog to share all of the wonders of being a wife and a mom.  I met my husband Terrence, on a blind date on February 14th, 2002. I fell down a hill, he laughed, I laughed... we got married exactly 5 years later.  He's my soul mate.  Terrence and I knew we wanted a family and started by getting two colossal Yorkshire Terriers.  Momo came first, then we bought a house.  Momo experienced some terrible separation anxiety in the new home, so we bought him a dog named Yoshi.  Over the next year, the dogs learned the rules and became our best friends, our sons, and our little protectors.  Momo is always by my side, even nearly 5 years later, and he is helping me type right now! Yoshi loves Daddy, but he is sitting on a pillow looking at me, at present. In early 2008, we decided we wanted children.  We tried for six months, and became pregnant! On July 1st, 2009 Ava was born. Ava became the best thing that ever happened to me, it is amazing how your real true self comes to be when your children are born.  She changed my life... I started running (more), eating better, and reflecting everyday.  On her second birthday, we made the decision that would make our very rich lives even more rich... we wanted to have another baby... We started trying in early August. I became pregnant that same month and 8 weeks later (early October 2011) we found out we were expecting twins.

3 comments:

  1. yay for your new blog!! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned from you and Summer how cool these things are! I had to copy your ideas!

      Delete
  2. That's so funny and sweet that you bought your dog a pet. haha

    ReplyDelete