life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Friday, September 20, 2013

We are still here

It has been terribly busy - and I apologize to Bumgarner fans! Haha

The marathon has been so time consuming - it even consumes my mind. I think about it nonstop. To be honest, I think I have it figured out - it is a psychological race.  Running 26.2 miles is doable - not thinking about running 26.2 miles while running 26.2 miles is nearly impossible. Each excruciating minute past the ideal run (8 miles for me) makes it even more daunting - but I will beat that. I can do this. (Yes that is a nasty run selfie over there... sweat...nice!)

On top of that, I am managing a pretty heavy caseload right now with work - being in private practice is a blessing when you work with the right people... but the kids I work with and their families often take a toll on me mentally, physically, and emotionally. It can be tough. I love them all too much!

Then there are the silly things I do day to day, like housework, taking care of our animals, exercising (not running), oh yeah and sleeping.  Protein shakes have made a huge comeback in my life - since there is again, little time to eat. 

The kids are doing great. Ava is in school 2x a week (mobile pre-k) - I believe she is doing well. Her teacher Ms. Lula is always putting a smiley face sticker in Ava's notebook, so I imagine no news is good news. Ava is also riding horses once a week and being quite the big girl.  She will be going to my friend Laura's wedding tomorrow, as my date.  When I asked Terrence if he could go (he tentatively had to work tomorrow - four weeks ago) Ava said "I want to go Mommy." So alas, she's my date (with our pal Lucy).  Elle and Easton are also doing quite well. Elle is all over the place. She is talking up a storm. She's the little mama of the bunch, the boss, and a pretty little twin dictator. Easton on the other hand is the follower.  He is usually a go with the flow, cool cat... he often bites the dictator when she gets out of line. Then she bites him back and he comes to me for a morale boost.  He is trying to talk some - not as much as he should be at this age - but he is coming along. He dances well and can hum a tune. He calls me Mama, occasionally, but that is better than never!

A typical day, now (which seems easy compared to last year):

6:30 Mommy is up for coffee, shower, tv, and getting ready
7:30 Kids up, protein shake for Mommy, cold drink for the twins and diaper, Ava gets dressed
7:55 Out of the house, gotta go
8:15 Dropped off at Grammy's, Mommy goes to work*
8:45 - 3:45 Work*, run a few miles at lunch time, work*
4:00 Pick up kids
4:15 - 7:00 Play, cook dinner, play,  feed/water chickens, water plants, eat dinner, play (or bath), twins in bed
7:00 - 8:30 Ava time with Terrence and I - or just Terrence. I often workout, run, etc... then Ava to bed - Terrence and I take turns with her going to bed
8:45 - 10:00 I often write therapy notes, watch TV, blog, or drink wine - sometimes I do all at the same time
At 10:00 I crash...

* Let me clarify the word work - I play... all day. I run, jump, dance, hop, throw kids up and down, spin, blow bubbles, swing,  chase, play tag, and talk each session - mulitply that x6... I am an energizer bunny.


But that's a good day - now throw Marathon training into the mix and it looks like this


S#@^! 7:00 - 12:00 Wake up, fuel up, and run 18 miles
12:00 - 1:00 Try to eat, not cuss, and drink loads of drinks
1:00 - 1:01 Get on the scale and cry because running makes you gain weight once you have rehydrated; but then remember had I weighed post run without water, I might have lost 5 pounds
1:01 - 7:00 Chase children, try not to cry, try not to pass out, yell at the dogs, think about how much I hate running, think about how much I love running, cuss people who run marathons and get in naps, think about next week's long run,  eat again, hang out, put the twins down at 7:00 and breathe quietly for 7 seconds
7:00 - 8:30 Try not to pass out on Ava, spend time with Ava, cry to Ava about running, try not to cuss about running in front of Ava
8:45 - 10:00 Drink wine - stare blankly at the TV, mindlessly rant on FB about running, cuss running - then praise it for an hour or so
10:00 Crash

But, really things are alright! The Bumgarners are well - loving life - and living it up! Just how it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment