life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Thursday, November 14, 2013

What's the going rate for a babysitter?


Read this post... and the title will make sense... I promise. 
The Easton saga continues... only indifferent news (as I now call it - it isn't good it isn't bad) gets easier to handle... and overall, the kid just gets harder. In seven days, my twins will be 18 months old. I want to say, I can't believe it, but really I can - 18 months with twins is like 6 years in the looney bin. Just kidding! With that being said, 18 months is a milestone age. At 18 months, a child should be running stiffly,  jargoning, combining words into little phrases, following simple directions, and learning to play.  We are there, well kind of, with Easton.  The past two months, I have watched him stumble, fall, and trip - we have had stitches, doctor's visits, and black eyes - I have called more people than I prefer to, trying to figure it all out again. Then there was the orthotist. Rewind back to October - Easton was fitted for inserts, then fast forward to present - we have inserts.

Today has been a whirlwind (and I am thirsty for something stiff to drink - my energy is crumbs.) I need a 10 mile run.  Anyhow, back to the whirlwind. Our appointment was at 2 and I worked the first part of the day. I had a protein shake for lunch-- haha, you were waiting for me to say that, right? Well I did, Cookies and Cream Spirutein in almond milk. Then I started the journey. When I picked up Easton, it was buy one Bumgarner get one free - so Ava came along. We made it to the appointment, paid our balance, and went back for the fitting.  I could bore you with how Glen said he was scared of Ava, Ava screamed when I told Easton not to touch the closet door because an alarm would go off, and how Ava soaked her shirt from the water fountain... but this is about Easton, so I won't. (And by the way, I am mother of the year, I have the coffee cup to prove it, so quit smirking at me.) So basically, we got the inserts and left. Now here's the crazy part. The damn ridiculously awesome things are to fit in "most shoes." I went to 6 stores before I found a pair that the inserts actually fit in... 6 stores times 2 children and me equals not fun.  I got home from a 2 p.m. appointment at 7:30 p.m. I feel neurotic.  Let's just end the story by saying in the five+ hours of torture, there was some joy... At 4p.m. we visited our former PT, Ms. Kathy, the joy of the day.  Her bright smile and sweet spirit is what we needed. God has a purpose for us all, and you meet certain people for certain reasons. Kathy has brought more to this family that she will ever know, and we certainly will never be able to repay her for all of her guidance, help, and love.  Now, if I can just figure out how to make her babysit... 





No comments:

Post a Comment