I went out to my van to get my Garmin to charge it for tomorrow's run. While I looked around at the pig-sty I like to call "Mommy's ride," I was inspired to create this whimsical post... I hope you enjoy.
Random objects I keep in my van that most people would call bizarre, yet I think are normal:
Body Glide: heck, I am a runner. I need slick-i-fication.Stim-o-Stam tablets: phosphate tablets to speed "running recovery"
Running clothing: several different shirts, skirts, sports bras, and 2 pair of shoes.
A fork: one never knows when hunger will strike.
Socks that don't match: my children will throw off one sock and wear the other one in... I never retrieve them. I guess that makes me a bad mother.
Dry rice and dry beans in the floorboard: left over from my sensory kit that got knocked over. Normal for my line of work; weird in a van's floorboard.
Two leashes with collars attached: Momo and Yoshi never wear their "collars" unless they go "run."
5 containers of hand sanitizer, a bottle of Lysol, and 2 things of Clorox wipes: work.
A photo of a mounted dear's head wearing a Santa hat: I don't know where the hell it came from, but I like it.
A gate/trunk area full of random toys: work.
Several winter coats: it is 90 degrees outside. I know.
Four or five changes of children's clothing, shoes, and bathing suits: I am so horrible at cleaning.
The ASHA Leader: I keep it in the car --- in case I get an urge to read it when I am driving, evidently. Just kidding. But really, why on Earth I think I "might have a minute to read," between clients is ridiculous.
Various business cards from different folks: I don't know, I imagine they might be important one day.
A box full of crap: Again, I can't tell you why - it is just there.
So I hoard in the van. I know. It is getting out of control.
And I do have a point. On several recent occasions I have been asked "how do you do it all?" Well, here's the kicker. I don't clean. Ever. I am a mom, a runner, a full-time SLP, I go to Zumba, and I am a good wife. But I am a horrible cleaner! That's the secret!
No comments:
Post a Comment