I have never really understood stress eating until about two hours ago. After approximately 7 handfuls of Bugles, a fourth of a bag of potato chips with dip, one cookie, and a slice of watermelon I feel pretty... well... lousy. I kind of feel like "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," except I'm not expecting to turn into a beautiful butterfly. I'm just reacting to my while not bad, uneventful doctor's appointment. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow, not full term, but extremely pregnant - considering I'm having twins. I was told fairly early on, I would be considered to be induced at 39 weeks. Looks as though those plans have changed. While we didn't make a decision, we did discuss postmaturity and 41 weeks. Am I hearing this right? I might just die if I go that long. I am concerned about low apgars and infant mortality, is anyone else? For one baby I realize 41-42 is still within term, but for twins, is it? I'm just losing it! I've gone insane. I can't research anymore and really don't feel like even looking at the staff of my doctor's office who keep saying "you are doing great!" To tell you the truth, my back aches, I'm tired, my stomach is constantly cramping, I can't keep food in my system, I don't sleep, I can't breathe through my nose, I have a floater in my left eye, I am irritable, my gums bleed, more liquid comes of my body than a water fountain, and I threaten to punch others in the face all of the time. BUT, I look good, have good color, am not swelling, can't gain weight, and still "get around well," so people assume I feel awesome!
Mom and I discussed this to some degree and decided we would laugh about it in a few years. She has decided to picket the doctor's office, wants me to call him between the hours of midnight and two a.m. and ask a stupid question, and reminded me that I have often said I would take my legs out of those stirrups and strangle any doctor (with my feet) who disappointed me. These things did make me laugh, a little... because she has taught me to make the best of any situation. Things could be far worse, but I can still be frustrated, it is a valid feeling. Maybe a bath and some chicken fingers would help ease the tension a bit. Perhaps, I'll just opt for the bath... I have to remember I am a role model and the carrier of two of the most precious people ever - who just happen to be taking their time to join us...
P.S. Second doctor to tell me he doesn't expect me to make it to my next appointment. I'm ready for labor... etc. Let's wait and see. :)
hang in there...you make a beautiful caterpillar and they are way more fun than butterflies ;)
ReplyDelete