life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Saturday, August 18, 2012

3 kids and Mom on a Mission...

I never thought I would be so proud of myself for something so stupid... but alas, I am! Friday morning the kids, all three of them, were up and playing by 6:00 a.m. I was strangely awake, on my second cup of coffee, and itching to get out of the house. I consider myself a morning person, usually, but mornings since the birth of the twins have become rather difficult. In any case,  I knew we were out of diapers, close to out of wipes, wanting new toys, and I needed some chocolate like something fierce. What was the stupid decision I made? Well, I decided to go to Super-Walmart, in LENOIR! That is  25 minute drive, what?
I dressed all three kids, dressed myself, loaded them into the car, and headed out on our trip. Ava wanted food so we stopped at Bojangles on the way. Not my finest breakfast moment, but who doesn't like MSG-ridden-salty-as-heck fries now and again, plus I wanted a chicken biscuit. Shh don't tell anyone, I eat crap from time-to-time. After our stop, we got gas, and turned onto HWY 18. What a nice trip. Ava and I discussed My Little Pony, ate breakfast, and sang a couple of tunes that came on XM. We got to Lenoir during school hours, so traffic was busy. I was enthralled, it felt like real life again. We made it to the Walmart. I parked next to a cart return, and I grabbed a buggy. (Mothers of more than one kid, know the secret of parking next to cart returns). I put Easton in, then Elle, and crammed Ava into left over space. I told her she could put her feet on Elle if need be. We walked around Walmart for at least an hour, talking to all of the elderly women who were interested in twins, and picking up the necessities. I paid for our items, loaded the kids in the car, and navigated us out of the parking lot. We made it, without incident! Way to go Mommy and Bumgarner kids! We traveled home and Ava and I shared some M&Ms.  The twins got fussy about five miles from home, but we made it. I am so proud to get all 3 kids out and about - on my own! My mother said I was crazy for trying... and so many other people can't believe I can manage to get out of the bed much less care for three children... in WALMART no less.  But, honestly, I have to take the 3 kids places, alone, in the future. So why not start on 8/17/12, when the twins were 12 weeks and Ava was 3 years old. Makes the most sense to get as much practice as possible, right? Plus it was fun. Loads of fun! My kids are the best!

                                                              (Us at 6:00 a.m)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I haven't attempted WallyWorld without Josh... my wild banshee has frequent outbursts there :)

    ReplyDelete