life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Friday, August 3, 2012

Momo

They say the relationship between a boy and his dog is a strong one... Here's hoping Momo and Easton will be best friends for years to come.  

Let me tell the quick story of how Momo became a Bumgarner. I met Terrence in February of 2002. We married in February of 2007. By summer of 2007 I felt like something was missing. I had a lot of time to dwell on my loneliness as I worked for the schools then and didn't do private therapy at the time. Needless to say, I had tons of time during the day to myself. I started asking for a dog. Terrence got me a game for my gameboy "Nintendogs," to play with during the day. He told me if I did good with my Nintendog, he'd consider getting me a real one! Haha! 
The fall came, I went back to work and continued to dream about a puppy. At Christmas, we were told about a Miniature Schnauzer named Tinsel who was in need of a home. We discussed it and became super excited about bringing Tinsel Bumgarner home. For some reason I had to work late and Terrence had gone to pick up Tinsel when plans fell through. I had no idea that he wouldn't be bringing Tinsel home. He was devastated and made a quick decision. I got home from work around 7:30 and saw the cutest little dog sitting on Terrence's lap. I said "That's not a schnauzer, that's a yorkie! Like the one in my game!" Momo was tiny, he shivered and needed a coat, he loved to run, he liked car rides, he peed on everything, and he ate food piece by piece - he was everything I ever imagined! He weaseled his way into our bed that night. I didn't sleep. Over the years, Momo has become one of my best friends. As weird as that sounds, he enjoys things I enjoy and makes me tremendously happy. Our family has changed a lot since 2007, but one thing hasn't... that darn dog still sleeps in our bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment