life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Chair

I have been asked "How do you do it?" a number of times since the twins were born.  Well the simple answer is "I have to." I wake up to feed the twins, I let the dogs out, I fix coffee, I get up Ava, I fix myself a protein shake, I make Ava breakfast, I help her change, we go to swim lessons, we come home, feed the babies, make lunch, feed the dogs, rest a bit, play a bit, feed the babies some more,welcome Terrence home, get supper ready, feed babies, get Ava ready for bed, watch television, feed the babies, and then go to bed.  A feeding may happen again, but otherwise this is our daily schedule. A good deal of the day, I sit in "the chair." It has become my Facebook profile photo which prompted many questions, comments, and likes. I posted the picture because I wanted to share what it really looks like at my house day-to-day. The chair has been my friend for a number of years. When I was pregnant with Ava, it offered back support and eased my pain. I learned to nurse Ava in this chair. I have slept in the chair with my dogs when I was sick and cuddled with them when I was really tired or needed doggie love.  I hated the chair when I was pregnant with the twins, but found it to be the best place to tandem nurse once they were born. Now I have "five children." (Ava, the dogs, and the twins). They all have been with their Mommy individually in this chair and still find comfort in sitting in it - even if they have to share a spot with 4 of their siblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment