Have you ever gotten winked at by a cat? They look directly at you and then blink both eyes. My Dad told me those were kitty winks, and it meant "I love you" in kitty. Being a speech pathologist, I know all about nonverbal communication; it supposedly comprises 80% of the communication people utilize in interactions while verbal communication is utilized only 20% of the time. You are probably thinking, "Where is she going with this?" Well, I'm tangentially getting there! Terrence and I work all the time. Daily we get up before 6:00 a.m., he goes to work, works 10 hours, then returns home to cook, mow the lawn, and take care of three small children.
I get up, get three kids and myself ready, drop 3 kids off, work 8 hours, pick up three kids, come home, and take care of the three kids and two dogs. I often run a few miles in all this commotion (at least 4x a week).
By 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. we have the kids down. Although Elle is a straggler anymore - she loves Mommy, Daddy, and Elle hour. The dogs are usually passed out and we are ready for a glass of wine and television.Given this schedule we have little time for each other. We chat very little... But just a minute ago, I looked over at Terrence and he "kitty winked" at me. It's the little things in life that make us happy... and the little things that I am grateful for!
2002, 2007, 2009, 2012 - Great Years for us! (Plus all the time in between)
Sweet!
ReplyDelete