life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Friday, September 28, 2012

Supper Time

I make fun of some old fashioned things... but I am a believer in others.


For instance, I like people who "court."
I think canning, quilting, and crocheting are cool.
I think the idea of coca-cola and television being a treat sounds magical. 
I like to see families spend time together.






















I think supper time should be at the kitchen table...

So, the Bumgarners are officially back in the swing of things. We are eating dinner together as a unit. For a while it was chaos. We couldn't all eat at the same time. But I think we can now. I am finding this tradition to be old fashioned. Families I go visit at work never eat together, many of them do not even have a dining room table... much less a nutritious meal.

But my life is destined to be different. In fact, I want it different. My grandmother made her family sit at the table...she served nutritious and delicious meals... she even made a quick bread each night to go with the meal. I think sitting at the table is a beautiful thing... a communion. It is also what I want for my family.  What I think makes my family strong, will make my family better, and what will make my family survive. I want to advocate to keep family dinner alive, in all households! ;)



1 comment:

  1. We try to do this too Carly! I agree with all the above :)

    ReplyDelete