People run for many reasons. Here are many of the reasons I have complied below:
-Running to win: the 15 minute 5Ker in your community (tried to be a winner/cross country)
-Running to race: the diehard who goes every weekend to a race (did this)
-Running to try something new: people who do a 5K to say they did it, "couch to 5K"
-Running for pure exercise: running to keep in shape-on the treadmill or on the track (did this)
-Running to eat/drink: Really true! Many races provide massive amounts of alcohol at the end
-Running for health: People who started because they almost died
-Running because you can't play other sports: Cross Country? (did this)-Running because you have to: Triathletes, who are generally cyclists, fall into this category
-Running for swag: People run races just to get free stuff ($500 gift cards, peanut butter, shirts, mugs)
-Running for someone else: The spouse of a runner; mother of a child runner
-Running for the community: Getting involved in an event and running for the community
-Running for God: Newest thing I have seen, people do weekly devotions and learn to run
-Running for the love of running: ME!
Running races removes the love of running for me. I can't handle that. I have a hard time explaining why. I see too many folks who are not serious and others who complain about running (not complain about the race); races take a lot of time, they do not motivate me, they cost money, and races hurt...
Tomorrow I would love to get in a 5 miler, with my dog. That would make me happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment