life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Being a Bumgarner... in May

I never thought that seven Bumgarners, sleeping on one floor, would be so exciting.  But it is! Our former co-sleeper, Elle, spent two months in a separated crib downstairs, so she could cry it out. All of this after nine months of co-sleeping, well more like 7, I didn't sleep the first two months of her life. But now she has advanced to her big-girl crib in her and Easton's room. Their little cribs are side by side. His crib sheet is blue and hers is positively, pastel... pink.  So now Mommy, Daddy, and two dogs sleep in one room, Ava in another, and the twins in theirs. It is a fantastic feeling.  Everyone is growing up so quickly!

So here's a quick update. Easton is crawling on all fours, Elle is walking (for about a month), and Ava can read numbers and knows her letters.  She can write her name and mine, well "Mom." Easton is not talking, still, but he plays with sounds. He really likes the vacuum and still wants to be with me 24/7 which I love. Elle is putting two words together, from time to time, and has a vocabulary of at least 30 words.  The child is crazy. She told me today that "Dada bad boy," and shook her finger.  She says night-night and crawls to her crib.  She loves animals and names them.

The twins are nearly broken from their bottles.  They will be one next week and they have been losing interest.  They had one today, this morning, and have made it the rest of the day no problem.

Ava is a mess.  She is a great help around the house.  She enjoys feeding the chickens and dogs.  She is so funny too. She says what she is thinking all of the time.  I enjoy being around Ava because she is so herself.  Things haven't really changed with her, which is awesome, because while change is good, a sense of normalcy is too... she's my steady normalcy.  Her antics are the Bumgarners default. Thankfully, we need it!

Terrence and I are doing well.  Both working, spending time with the kids, and constantly laughing at each others' jokes. These were the things I dreamed about when we got together in 2002.

Running is fine. I am a little burnt out, but oh well. It will not last long... plus I have a huge party to plan. The twins first birthday! That's super exciting, I might even enjoy some carbohydrates and indulge in a piece of cake on that day.

So that's us... for now.

Things will change and continue to get exciting, or maybe not, maybe it will be boring for a bit... but who cares...



That's what it is like Being a Bumgarner!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Elle said, 'Dada bad boy!' ..that's too funny.

    ReplyDelete