life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Friday, May 3, 2013

Very Old Post Revised...

I got an idea from my friend Summer again... she always has cool blog ideas!

I reviewed an old post and re-answered the questions about the twins.  The top in pink is about Ava and the blue about the twins.

1) Was your pregnancy planned?

Yes it was. We tried for 7 months. So I knew I was pregnant at 4 weeks along! 

Also planned with the twins. Never expected to get pregnant with the first try though.  I went to the doctor and told him I was planning on having another baby.  He reminded me it may take up to a year to get pregnant.  I told him "I'll see you in six weeks." He laughed. I saw him eight weeks later. 

2) What was your reaction?

We were elated and ready to start a new journey in life. 

I was so sick. I was fairly convinced that something was wrong and forced the doctor's office to give me an ultrasound because I was so sick.  Terrence said, "I bet you are having twins."  Then the doctor did the ultrasound and told me, "Well there's a healthy baby," and at the same time we both pretty much said "And there's another one."  The nurse teared up and I cried. So when I called Terrence he said "Are we having twins?" I couldn't drive my car.  My mother nearly had a stroke and cried over the phone - she didn't speak to me for several minutes.

3) How old were you when you got pregnant with them and had them?

27 when I got pregnant, 28 when Ava was born 

30/31 

4) How did you find out you were pregnant?

My period did not start on Sunday like it usually did (every 28 days), I waited until Wednesday just in case and took a home test. I immediately called my Dr. and made an appointment. They couldn't get me in for a week and I freaked because I thought I was harming the baby not taking prescription prenatal vitamins. They got a little tried of me by week 40 (I stayed overprotective my whole pregnancy)

I was so sick, I thought I might die.  While "staffing" an evaluation of twins, I asked our Physical Therapist if I could lie on her couch.  The other staff members stared at me.  She told me I looked green. I thought I looked fat, green, and about to die. 

5) Who did you tell first?

I screamed for Terrence, but I guarantee that Momo and Yoshi knew first 

Terrence and Ava

6) Did you find out the sex?

Yes, if they have that kind of technology available why wouldn't you find out?

Ditto... plus it was twins! Double the fun!


7) Due date?

July 4, 2009

May 24, 2012

8) Did you have morning sickness?

I was sick all day everyday for the first 20 weeks... I never threw up just had aversions and felt nauseated frequently

I wanted to die. 

9) What did you crave?

Cilantro, Mexican food, Chocolate Milk

Not being pregnant and running. Salmon.

10) What irritated you the most?

Heart Burn and People who kept saying, "Are you still around?" or offering unsolicited advice 

The better question is "what didn't irritate you?"  

11) How many pounds did you gain during the pregnancy?

42 looked like 82! 

I didn't gain any. I was so sick. My legs had never been smaller. My belly was enormous.

12) Did you have a baby shower?

three 

two...

13) Did you have any pregnancy complications?

Not until week 37 when I started experiencing high blood pressure (not preeclamsia though) 

None

14) How many hours were you in labor?

Well after my water broke, about 7 hours

I was induced.  Started on pitocin, had one sack of water broken, then the other, waited an hour, got an epidural, and delivered two hours later.  So 4 maybe. (Started at 10-11 am, had the babies at 2 pm)

15) Who drove you to the hospital?

I drove to see my doctor for my 40 week checkup and he wanted me to go directly to the hospital; I went home and picked up Terrence.

Terrence took me. I had on a pair of short running shorts (not maternity) under my belly and the hugest XXL maternity t-shirt. I looked unpregnant from the back and waddled into the hospital and walked to the maternity floor. They didn't offer me a wheelchair and a super sick girl in the ER exclaimed I looked great for twins.

16) Who watched you give birth?

Terrence, Mom, Fran (Terrence's Mom), Dr. Evans, and Nurse Leslie

Terrence, Dr. Evans (best OB ever), a Resident, 4 nurses, a nurse manager, a CNA, a Neonatologist, and a Nurse Anesthetist (11 total)

 
17) Natural or C-Section?

Natural

Natural x2

18) Did you take medicine to ease the pain?

Yes, because they thought my blood pressure would kill me if I didn't take something. To be honest they never really checked to see how far I was along because I progressed so quickly after my water broke (I was scheduled for induction the next morning)... After the epidural they checked me and I was dialted to nearly 10, I was not supposed to get the pain medication but I did. We immediately began pushing and the nurse called the Dr. after about 2 hours!

Yes, I never planned not to with the twins. So yes. Plus there are other factors with twins, like what if you need an emergency C?


19) How much did your child (children) weigh?

9lbs 3 oz 

7 lbs, 1 oz (A); 6 lbs, 14 oz (B)
 

20) When was your child (children) actually born?

Wednesday July 1, 2009 at 2:26 am

Monday May 21, 2012 at 2:11 p.m. and 2:16 p.m.








Thanks Ava Elizabeth, Easton Alexander, and Elle Taylor for making my life complete!

1 comment: