life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Being one is fun especially when there are two.

The twins had their 12-month well check and compared to 11 months ago (the one-month well check), they are thriving.

Remember when I told you that Easton was borderline failure to thrive... well big boy is 86th percentile for weight and 96th for height.  He weighs a whopping 24 pounds and is 31.5 inches long.  Kristie our CPNP says Easton is fine to drink 2% milk... we wouldn't want to fatten him up anymore. This makes me smile, in addition he came out borderline-low average on the motor section of the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), which is awesome, because he was DELAYED. He even took three steps today! I am so proud... PT has been amazing.  My little boy is remarkable! 


Elle is also quite big - which is no surprise.  I was told she needed to gain weight at her 1 month well check because she was in the 12th percentile at that time.  I was told to even try formula supplements and limit their breastfeeding so they would plump up, because evidently my breast-milk wasn't fatty enough... but I didn't listen and she got fat almost immediately. Now she is 86th percentile for weight and also for height.  She is 22 pounds and 10 ounces.  She is 30 inches tall.  Considering she is a walker, and a good one at that (it has been 2 months since she started) I call her tall not long, if that makes sense.  She could administer the ASQ - high average... what?!

They are both off of the bottle, sleeping all night 7-7, and actually getting along from time to time.  They hold hands often and also fight - a lot!

They are little blessings and we are so thankful to have them. I can't believe my twins are one... But they are and that's something to celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Way to guy babies!! My Ava just now broke 24 pounds...sounds like they are doing really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Easton and you too Elle Belle! You guys are rock stars.. and your mommy is too! I can't believe how much bigger they both are than Olivia!

    ReplyDelete