life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Day Out for the Twins


Yesterday was a fairly busy day for the Bumgarners.  Easton and Elle had their first photo shoot with my dear friend Bridget, owner of Sofian Studios.  Bridget wanted me to meet her at her mother's house at 9:00 a.m.  Believe it or not, we made it by 9:01! Bridget had a great set up, with plenty of props to choose from, in a beautiful sun room overlooking the golf course.  It was a sunny but cool June morning, so the space heaters and heat in the house actually felt great to me (the babies are in diapers or less throughout the shoot and the room has to be fairly warm.)  Elle was sleeping hard and was the first to get photos taken.  She was flexible and didn't appear to be stirred by constant poses such as "taco," being placed in a basket, and being propped up on her dainty little elbows.  Easton, on the other hand, wanted to constantly nurse, peed on Bridget three times, and cried when touched. She got several photos of him, several of them, but plenty of Elle.  After three hours, the babies were completely done and I could tell it was time to go home.  It was a miserable trip home, as Easton sounded as though someone was plucking the hair out of his head, one hair at a time.  But we made it and had a restful afternoon followed by our first tub bath with Ava! Everyone slept great last night; let's keep that up Bumgarners.

While Mommy and the twins were at the photo shoot, Ava and Daddy went to see Clifford at Barnes and Noble.  Clifford read a book, provided a small brunch, and handed out gifts.  Ava gave Clifford lots of hugs and seemed to think he was real.  I  hate I missed it, as I hated Ava and Terrence missed the photo shoot.  But we have evidence of both in photos!

I have to say, while it is fun to get the kids out and show them off, I much prefer to cuddle at home.  I think they do too!


1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the hair plucking comment... it"s so excruciating for a newborn to cry in the car when you can't comfort them.

    ReplyDelete