life
“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
Thursday, June 28, 2012
The Prophetic Friend
My friend, Kristen and I were asked as children "Are you twins?" Of course we said "Yes!" then made up a ludicrous story about how she went home with our parents and I went home with our aunt and uncle... but we all met up for dinner, did everything together, etc.
As time passed, she always joked me about how many children I would have. So did everyone else. I always said "No way! I love children and I plan to work with them, but I will never have any." When my friends talked about what they would name their children often one would say "I am the generation for twins," I always said "Doesn't it skip a generation... thankfully that means I have been skipped." I'm not sure Kristen said this... but I know she was in on these young conversations and big dreams!
Kristen and I eventually did grow up, get educated, find jobs, get married, and begin having families. She is the mother to a beautiful little girl... a fiery red head! Her husband has several children from a previous marriage, so she is blessed with a big family. I, obviously, am the mother of three small children. Before I even got pregnant with my first, Kristen told me "When you have twins, I get the girl." I always responded "Yes you do... when I have twins, ha!"
Well, I did end up with twins BUT she didn't get the girl. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ava's expression is hilarious. :)
ReplyDelete