life

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bumgarner Updates

Ava came back from her 3-year check-up... she passed the vision screening, was in the 97th percentile for height (40 inches), 95th percentile for weight (38 lbs), and overall looks good. She was described as "a pistol," by Kristie, our nurse practitioner. Of course, Ava is quite the pistol, wore a lei, a scratch and sniff t-shirt, and a tutu. She went to Kristie's personal office and showed off her cool shirt! We love Kristie, I don't think she could be any better at her job, better with people, or kind.

Ava is so advanced in most areas that it was assumed she was already potty-trained. That is a big "No!" But if I had to pick what area I wanted her to struggle in, potty training would be it.  I can always change diapers, I can't tolerate staying up all night, Ava being mean, or poor nutrition.  (Lucky for me, the twins stay up all night and nutrition is questionable- haha.) Well, we tried panties twice after the visit and ended up using most of our dirty towels and disinfectant... she is back in pull-ups. She seems to think, you pee, then go to the potty. But she can go to the potty 10x in a row sometimes. Frustrating!

Easton and Elle are doing great.  Both are gaining weight. Elle is quite the little piggy and eats all day everyday.  She is as fat as a tick, but adorable.  She seems to enjoy being near me, likely due to my milk-supply, but I'm pretending it is true love. Easton has learned there are interesting things everywhere in the world.  He seems to enjoy the fish-tank, black-and-white objects, and rattles. You can often find him tracking objects as he sits in his chair... such a man! He is becoming so alert and aware. I think he must be doing calculations in his head, he looks like a genius.

Terrence seems to be handling all these kids fairly well... He is still making time to go to paintball, although not very frequently. Honestly, I am amazed that we both make time for our hobbies and have found time! I am running, at least 4x a week.  I haven't timed myself, but I think my 5K time is faster which makes my 10K and greater distances personal records, surely. I need to try a "magic mile" soon.  Pre-pregnancy my magic mile was 7 minutes and 30 seconds, first post-partum run was 11:00 minutes. 6 weeks down, surely I can run in under 9:00 minutes!



Well that is it for the Bumgarners for now!










Addendum: Magic Mile time 6 weeks postpartum 8 minutes and 24 seconds.  I plan to time the 5K next. My goal is under 32 minutes! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment