We found out our 10:00 cancelled, which worked out well because it gave me time to complete Friday's evaluation report. At 12:00, Gisella and I sat down for lunch. We had tea, as always, lots of tea. At 12:30, I went to prepare for my 2:00 evaluation and I typed up the speech section on the twin brother of the kid I typed up earlier. At 2:00 we evaluated the cutest little guy ever. Then I went and worked on all that is needed to qualify a kid for the Infant-Toddler Program (COSF, NOE, more acronyms). I worked on the "observations" on his report. I was scared I might forget something, Tuesday is likely to kill me, and I need a fresh brain. All of the sudden it is 5:00. So I go and run. I ran 4 miles with 8 hill repeats. It was hot, 88 actually. I took two minutes to breathe heavily in the shadow of my van. My eyebrows are sweating, again. I need a powerade zero, like yesterday.
life
“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
Monday, June 3, 2013
Just Another June Day
Today was the first workday in June... and this is how it went.
I woke up in a stupor at 6:10, took my shower, made my coffee, and straightened my hair. I know, it was stick straight! At 7:00, I got up Easton (the girls were with Grammy) and got him ready for his day. Since it was raining we left the dogs inside. Easton and I drove to Grammy's. I played with him and Elle until 7:45 then I got back into the van to go to work. Once I got to work, I dropped off my coffee and water in the conference room, got my weekly cases, and ran to my office to check email/phone messages, etc. At 8:15, I ran back to the conference room for our Monday meeting. It was the same as usual, lots of talking with little decisions and changes made, it was a typical meeting.
We found out our 10:00 cancelled, which worked out well because it gave me time to complete Friday's evaluation report. At 12:00, Gisella and I sat down for lunch. We had tea, as always, lots of tea. At 12:30, I went to prepare for my 2:00 evaluation and I typed up the speech section on the twin brother of the kid I typed up earlier. At 2:00 we evaluated the cutest little guy ever. Then I went and worked on all that is needed to qualify a kid for the Infant-Toddler Program (COSF, NOE, more acronyms). I worked on the "observations" on his report. I was scared I might forget something, Tuesday is likely to kill me, and I need a fresh brain. All of the sudden it is 5:00. So I go and run. I ran 4 miles with 8 hill repeats. It was hot, 88 actually. I took two minutes to breathe heavily in the shadow of my van. My eyebrows are sweating, again. I need a powerade zero, like yesterday.

At 6:00 I got home, loaded up the girls, and went to the store. Of course I run into three people I know and also I run into our grocery store friend who always seems to be shopping for his family. We always nod at each other... funny how you make friends like that! Anyway then the girls and I go back home. We eat dinner. Salmon and salad for me with avocado and tomato (it was a deconstructed salmon burger - minus the bread). The kids and Terrence have hamburger, avocado, tomato, and organic french fries (if that is even a thing). Elle can barely keep her eyes open, so she goes down at 7:00. Easton has been walking around the house all day, so he is wide open. He goes down at 7:30. I do about 30 minutes of housework, which believe me - I love, I need that time, while Ava and Terrence do some outside chores (chickens, garden watering). At 8:00, I lay on Terrence's lap for 15 minutes while Ava winds down. At 8:15 she goes to bed, it takes 20 minutes to get her there, but she is finally there. So I sit down. Terrence brings me a glass of Pinot Grigio, which is quite refreshing. I take a sip and type. Another exhausting day down... and I would not change one second of it. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
We found out our 10:00 cancelled, which worked out well because it gave me time to complete Friday's evaluation report. At 12:00, Gisella and I sat down for lunch. We had tea, as always, lots of tea. At 12:30, I went to prepare for my 2:00 evaluation and I typed up the speech section on the twin brother of the kid I typed up earlier. At 2:00 we evaluated the cutest little guy ever. Then I went and worked on all that is needed to qualify a kid for the Infant-Toddler Program (COSF, NOE, more acronyms). I worked on the "observations" on his report. I was scared I might forget something, Tuesday is likely to kill me, and I need a fresh brain. All of the sudden it is 5:00. So I go and run. I ran 4 miles with 8 hill repeats. It was hot, 88 actually. I took two minutes to breathe heavily in the shadow of my van. My eyebrows are sweating, again. I need a powerade zero, like yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny how I consider myself:
ReplyDelete1) A mother
2) A wife
3) A speech pathologist
4) A runner
5) An animal lover
I touched on each of my "traits" in this post! :)